We, modern developers, owe A LOT nowadays to Open Source, all of our current projects depend on Open Source libraries and frameworks, or they’re directly built on top of an Open Source framework.
That’s why we should all try to give back to the community and enjoy doing it!!
This is the list of all Open Source projects I own or actively contribute so far:
- Ruby Push Notifications: Owner. Ruby gem to push iOS, Android and Windows Phone notifications.
- CouchDB cluster admin tool: Command line tool, written in Go, to easily and safely operate CouchDB 2 clusters.
- iOS ARKit: Owner. Full featured iOS location based augmented reality engine.
- Rails Push Notifications: Owner. Wraps Rails Push Notifications gem into another Ruby gem adding Rails integration, for example, to save the notifications to database, etc…
- Rails Friendly URLs: Owner. Rails Ruby gem that allows you to configure ABSOLUTELY ANY url of your project into a SEO Friendly one without even restarting the application!
- Cassanity: Core Committer. Ruby gem that brings sanity to CQL + Ruby
- Interval Tree: Contributor. A Ruby implementation of the augmented interval tree
And that’s it so far!! As you can see I really enjoy Open Source and I’d like to know if you happen to use any of my projects, find any bug, have any suggestion or just feedback, but I’d love to hear from you!